Medical Assistant must be motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with a positive manner. Must have the ability to communicate and work with a general diverse population Assists the medical providers, adhering to the American Association of Medical Assistants Code of Ethics. Experienced with Electronic Medical Records (EPIC preferred). Bi-Lingual (Spanish) a plus.
Provisions of the AAMA Medical Assistant Code of Ethics:
- Render services with full respect for the dignity of humanity.
- Respect confidential information obtained through employment unless legally authorized or required by responsible performance of duty to divulge such information.
- Uphold the honor and high principles of the profession and accept its disciplines.
- Seek to continually improve the knowledge and skills of medical assistants for the benefit of patients and professional colleagues.
- Participate in additional service activities aimed toward improving the health and well-being of the community.
- Medical Assistant Diploma from an accredited school.
- Medical Assistant Certification
- Motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment with a positive manner.
- Ability to communicate and work with a diverse population.
- Commitment to the mission of Care Alliance Health Center.
Duties include preparation of exam rooms between patients, sterilize medical instruments and properly dispose of contaminated supplies, such as needles and syringes, in an effort to keep cross-contamination and disease spread to a minimum. They must practice universal precautions when dealing with bodily fluids to protect themselves, their patients, their co-workers and others. Collect demographic and health information.
- Take accurate vital signs and weight.
- Prepare patients to be seen by provider. Set up/clean rooms.
- Collect and prepare lab specimens. Perform basic lab tests.
- Administer medications/immunizations as directed by a provider.
- Assist with medical exams, procedures.
- Provide proper documentation in patient medical records.
- Assist with referrals.
- Assist with intake and discharge functions.
- Keep clinic areas clean and organized to provide a safe environment.
- Desk and phone responsibilities as needed.
- Participate in community health programs.
- Commitment to the mission of Care Alliance Health Center
- Other duties assigned by the nurse or provider.
Typical Work Hours:
Full-time, 40 hours, flexible schedule (including evenings and weekends)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,000.00 to $33,000.00/year
- High school or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification: 1 year
- Non Profit Organization: 2 years
- Medical Assisting: 3 years
- Outpatient Clinical Setting: 2 years
Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
$31k to $33k/year
2/17/2017 9:53:03 AM
We strongly recommend that you should never provide your bank account details to an advertiser during the job application process. Should you receive a request of this nature please contact support
giving the advertiser's name and job reference.